HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a nest and am getting the e73 error saying no power…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a nest and am getting the e73 error saying no power to the rh wire

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Had it installed a few months ago, was working fine, havent gotten this error before. got a baby at home, trying to keep her cool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'll probably call for help, but didnt know if there was anything i could do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

https://nest.com/support/#troubleshooting/E73/
8/19/2017
Ricky Main
Hi my name is Ricky
If you look at how it is wired does it have the jumper between RC and RH?
Ok so your air handler is not supplying power to the Nest. Is your unit in attic or closet?
it's in a closet upstairs, I am able to access it if that would be helpful.
can you tell if it has a float switch by drain?
or maybe under unit
you see the white thing in the drain with black wires?
pull it out and see if there is water in line
ok thats what has it off. Does your drain pipe come outside a wall outside?
it does I believe, in my back yard I think
Do you have a shop vac?
No I don't....
you can try to blowing into it to try and unstop it.
from outside
Which end? The one by the AC filled w water? Or outside?
Okay, blow upward?
Should I go out and get a cheap shopvac?
Or worth trying?
you can try blowing from outside to see if you can break it loose. If it is to stopped up you may have to get shop vac
K how will I know if I got it loosened?
you will feel it blow through and a lot of water will pour out
As hard as I think I can.
May have to get shop vac to try and suck it out.
Are you 100% sure that's the cause of the error? And 2nd, what causes this to happens
My father-in-law has a shop vac I can borrow. How do I do it to fix it?
I'm running over to his house right now to get it.
It is just gunk that stops up your drain. It grows in the line because it always has water and no sunlight. In the future you can pour a little bleach down that plug the is in your other drain line to prevent it. Yes I am sure it will fix it. The line with float switch in it should not have any water in it.
basically the system shuts it off because he doesn't want electrocution to happen, is that right?
Just put shop vac hose over drain pipe, shove a rag to plug rest of hose around the pipe and turn it on.
No if you didnt have drain switch it would have kept running and flooded your house
Oooooooh
But you would still be cool lol
When I turn it on do I need to turn off breakers? And will it spray in the areas where the unit is?
Hahaha
No if you were blowing it out with high pressure it could blow it all over your closet but since your sucking it out you will be ok. Yes you can turn off breakers until you get your drain unstopped.
Okay will do.
Please leave good ratings for me if you feel like I have given you good support.
Thanks
Of course I will Ricky. You've been fantastic.
Thanks
Ricky Main
I set up the shop vac and I use duct tape to put it on the pipe. But it still hasn't loosened the clog yet
Any idea what else to do? The water is still in there.
Im still trying to do this
I'm so sorry I cut my phone off and went to bed. I thought you had to get shop vac this morning. Did you ever get it cleared out?
Ricky Main
Ricky Main
Ricky Main