airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I want to disable the programmable part of my th6000

I want to disable the programmable part of my th6000 thermostat. It won't maintain the temperature I set manually and I know I'm doing something to interfere with it working. Can I make this a manual thermostat?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it is the operator of the thermostat - after i've fiddled with it and done the manual override, the AC will often come on - so the AC is working - It's too complicated.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, if there is a simple way or button sequence that I can do, then that's what I want instructions for. I have our AC repair company coming out Monday or Tuesday to replace the thermostat with a manual one, but in the meantime we're baking.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so.

Select 0 for function 16

See page 5 in the manual to enter the setup menu

Hmm looking at manual that is still going to be programmed just same for both weekend days

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i don't know what set up menu to select

Stand by, most offer completely no schedule but this one is only showing 5/2 or 5/1/1 options.Let me see what I can find out.

Lets do it this way.Press HOLD to permanently adjust the temperature.Set temp to what you want and it will stray there until you hit run schedule