HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I want to disable the programmable part of my th6000

I want to disable...

I want to disable the programmable part of my th6000 thermostat. It won't maintain the temperature I set manually and I know I'm doing something to interfere with it working. Can I make this a manual thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is the operator of the thermostat - after i've fiddled with it and done the manual override, the AC will often come on - so the AC is working - It's too complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, if there is a simple way or button sequence that I can do, then that's what I want instructions for. I have our AC repair company coming out Monday or Tuesday to replace the thermostat with a manual one, but in the meantime we're baking.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so.

8/18/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Select 0 for function 16

See page 5 in the manual to enter the setup menu

Hmm looking at manual that is still going to be programmed just same for both weekend days

i don't know what set up menu to select

Stand by, most offer completely no schedule but this one is only showing 5/2 or 5/1/1 options.Let me see what I can find out.

Lets do it this way.Press HOLD to permanently adjust the temperature.Set temp to what you want and it will stray there until you hit run schedule

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Phone call session started
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician