HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just finished installing a Goodman CVC96 furnace and, It…

Hi ... I just...

Hi ... I just finished installing a Goodman CVC96 furnace and

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

It is brand new. Thermostat is Honeywell TH6220D. I suspect some sort of conflict between two stage settings. Furnace starts fine but only has full flame for 10 seconds then shuts down with error code E2 "Low stage pressure switch stuck open".

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes ma'am. I'v changed out and fixed furnace in this house for 43 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. It's just a simple replacement furnace. Thermostat is programmed to 2 heat levels and furnace is two stage.

8/18/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Since this is a new furnace the culprit is likely a loose connection. Check the electrical connections at the pressure switches all the way back to the board. Also check to be sure the vac tubing connected to the switches isn't kinked or disconnected

All wires appear solid. I just recalled instruction to fill both sides of the "drain trap" with water which I didn't yet do. Would that create this sort of an error? It seems to be part of the vacuum integrity.

Possibly could affect draft pressure. Filling the traps is done to prevent any exhaust gases from escaping out the condensate drain.

On the circuit board there are 4 sets of DIP switches. Do you know which is the thermostat stage delay? I suspect it's the top one of the 4. The settings look correct but it's always good to be sure.

I don't have my hands on the manual. This is not related to the question you posted.

OK, Thanks for the help. I think I shall go back and reprogram the fancy thermostat to make sure these old eyes didn't miss anything.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor