HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Linstat Setback programmable thermostat,serial #

I have a Linstat...

I have a Linstat Setback programmable thermostat,serial # 038731, model # TH101 A-40. It runs electric heaters on 240 vac. Somehow, it switched over to Celcius display and I can't figure out how to get it back into Farenheit display. Cannot find the manual as the thermostat is many years old. Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

About 15 years old, and no I have not.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it's just programming involved. I can also remove the thermostat from the wall if that is necessary.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have all information and any numbers you need from the back of the thermostat. I thought there might be a switch in back but couldn't find one.

8/17/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me see if I have access to this manual

Found the manual

Temperature displayed in °C or °F. You can choose to display the temperature in Celsius (°C) or in Fahrenheit (°F). Your thermostat has been preset in Celsius. To change the display setting in °F, press and release the RESET button while the MODE button is pushed in.

Let me know if this works

Here is a link to manual also.PLease verify this is correct manual

file:///C:/Users/airheatman/Downloads/88c6e8cf-27c7-47e4-af4e-fe15b17cc3b6.pdf

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your instruction worked. Thank you. I cannot seem to access your link to the manual.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that our business has concluded, but is there any way I can access the manual?
The link you sent did not work.

Let me see if I can upload it for you