HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I live in Houston, TX. I am in the market for a new unit to…

Customer Question
I live in Houston...

I live in Houston, TX. I am in the market for a new unit to replace my old one with leaky coils. I am trying to decide what type of unit I should be looking for .

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

In March, I was told it had a leak because the freon level was so low. Today, a different technician again said, freon was low and coils needed to be replaced.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No ma'am

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The old unit is 10 years old. It is a Trane13ACD-036-230

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/15/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Are you going to do this yourself or hire it done and do you want to stay with the Trane brand?

By the way I AM SHOWING THE 13ACD TO BE A lENNOX,NOT TRANE

Any brand will work just fine.The most economical brand but a good unit is the Goodman.The most expensive will probably be a Trane.

I prefer the Rheem or Ruud, which are about in the middle price wise.

You will of course need to replace indoor coil as well as the outdoor unit. Tell me your concerns and what will make the deciding factor?