HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When I plugged in the AC it gave me the clean filter signal.

Customer Question
Hi - when I...

Hi - when I plugged in the AC it gave me the clean filter signal. I cleaned the filter, plugged everything back in and turned it on and I still have the red clean filter button and the code 88. I am not sure what it wants me to do...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now - it keeps beeping 8 and 88

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope do you know what the code means?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, the 88 code indicates a problem with the printed circuit board.

If you can give me a brand and model number and the age of the unit I can possibly be more helpful.