HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My breckwell pellet stove starts fine, the fan comes on and…

Customer Question
My breckwell pellet stove...

My breckwell pellet stove starts fine, the fan comes on and after about 1/2 an hour the fan stops blowing and eventually the stove shuts down

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Last few times we have tried to use it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We turned the feed down from 2 to 1 and then it happened within about a minute. Don't know if that just happened by itself. Hit off button and blower fan finally came back on about 10 minutes later and is cooling now

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Breckwell P23 , third time

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 3 days by:
8/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, click here for the manual please. see pages 20-23 for cleaning and trouble shooting... after you have cleaned the stove, get back to me with any questions you have regarding trouble shooting... I will go over any problems with you in detail.

So far I suspect a bad printed circuit board, 60% chance .... trouble shooting will need to be done to get any closer than that.

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.