HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Nordyne furnace about 15 years old.....no problems.

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a Nordyne furnace about 15 years old.....no problems. A few years after installation, some ignoramus company installed "central AC".

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Total disaster, they had no clue how to install for downflow and it cost me plenty in time & money because of the damage. The major problem was blowoff from the A coil.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have complete furnace AC designed for downflow?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, any contractor but IT the A-coil MUST be designed for downflow.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is your furnace gas or electric and is this in a mobile home?