HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem RMHP6300 heat pump for my pool. Power light…

Customer Question
OK, I have a...

OK, I have a rheem RMHP6300 heat pump for my pool.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Power light is on, but flow light is not

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Thermostat cranked up to max and switch set to pool

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes Im willing to give it a try

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/5/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 11 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is ***** ***** pump running to circulate water through heat pump?

Sorry for the delay - issue with credit card payment now resolved.
Yes, water is circulating.
I checked the ground and all of the connectors to make sure there is continuity from to tabs.
I also broke the water pressure hose off the sensor - it was brittle. But appears I can operate the pressure switch manually.

ok so when you operate flow switch manually the heat pump starts?

it does not respond. and the flow sensor light doe not come on.
the unit is old and stopped operating after not being used for a year

ok do you see 2 wires attached to the flow switch?

start heat pump..make sure water is flowing and connect these 2 wires direct together...this bypasses the flow switch...tell me result.

there are two on one terminal and one wire on the other. when the switch is not pressed manually, there is continuity between the two tabs. When pressed, no continuity. I'll go connect them like you said and let you know the result.

standing by

no response

If you follow the wires in that circuit...from the time they leave the board until they return...is there another component or switch?

the orange wire on one terminal goes to a series of terminals on a small "box" that has a solid copper wire to the unit shroud.
the other terminal with two wires - the black/red goes to a circuit board terminal labeled 24 vac and the other one to the led indicator labeled "heat demand"

and is there 24v present at the 24vac?

no, there is 24 vac on the "in" terminal, but not on the "out"
actually 27vac

now...27 starts there, goes through circuit...back to board....can you see if that 24 is making it through the entire circuit?

ok, I should restate. We have 27vac on terminals called "24vac in" on the circuit board. but the terminals on the circuit board called "24 vac out" that are connected to the pressure switch have no voltage.
the circuit board is a E193079 and has two terminals that go to what I would assume is a temperature gage for the water.
I can email some pics of what were looking at if it helps.
ok I've got my laptop and tools out by the heat pump unit hoping it does not rain. please let me know if you anticipate a response may take a while.
Billy, please let me know if you are working on this issue or if I should pack it up.
please let me know if there should be ac power from the coil that sits behind the ac input (line/load) terminal. there is none.
alrighty then im packing up - have q nie day

I am very sorry. I experienced difficulties with my connection.

Now...the fact you have no output from the board is concerning. Do you have a high head pressure reset switch?

OK, I looked it over and do no see anything like that

See page 22 HERE

Is this wiring format on your unit?

sorry for the delay - it looks correct, but not really sure.
here is the diagram that was tucked inside the unit...
should I just call a service technician or are we gonna complete the diagnosis?
it may also be noteworthy to mention that 24vac gets to the "pool-remote-spa" switch input but when I select pool with the switch, none of the terminals show voltage except for the input.