HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm trying to find out how to change the battery in my

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out how to change the battery in my carrier wall mounted thermostat. The upstairs thermostat has not reading and it's not working. I just opened it and found a single battery. Our house is 16 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No it's the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to. This way we can get the upstairs air working today. I'm in Texas:)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. where to find the replacement battery and how to do it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 6 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

we would need the thermostat model number or picture so we could determine battery location, if it takes a battery.

I can get that information. I know how to open it. It opens like a door. Where should I send the pictures?

you just attach to this chat using the attach file link.

I don't have the battery to replace it with. I can text you the pictures. Step by step typed instructions would be better. If the battery change doesn't work. I'll have to create a claim with my home warranty company to have someone come out on Monday.
Should I send the pictures to the number that I'm receiving the text from?

Ok, you can use the attach files link or paperclip icon that is shown with the chat window...

I am going to forward this to a peer to see if they can get your attachment in a timely manner.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

I'll do that now! I really appreciate it!
I've uploaded an image. Can you access it?

I do not see it yet

The upload keeps failing.

Do you see a number on thermostat like th6450 or similar?

2 Could this be the number
Do you have a cell that I can just text the pictures to?
The battery is dark blue VX(M). Does this help?

JA requires an additional charge for phone calls.I am going to open to other experts first to see if they can help.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer