airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The unit is not operating no heating the alarm is flashing

Customer Question

The unit is not operating no heating the alarm is flashing twice
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: The unit was installed about a month ago it seems to work on cooling when put onto heating it runs for a minute or so then stops. There are no visible signs of a gas leak
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: SRC63ZMA-s
JA: What year is your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well lm a fridge mechanic looking at it a friend l do not want to go to far so as not to void and warrenty. if the alarm is a gas problem then l can get him to have the installer come bacl to fix it. l know the alarm code is flashing twice l do not know what fault that is.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like possible a bad metering device.If it cols well,t is not a low charge issue, but most likely a refrigerant flow issue.One metering device adjust flow in cool ode and another in heat.Sticking metering devices are common these days as most are Chinese imports.Definitely need to call installer as this should be a warranty issue.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.