HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have LG unit that goes CH 34, just cleaned the filter, I…

Customer Question
I have LG unit...

I have LG unit that goes CH 34

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Just cleaned the filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I mean its at friday night , so yeah

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I guess thats it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
8/7/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

CH34 error code displays when the Safety Relay causes the unit to power down due to abnormal pressure in the sealed system. This is designed to protect the unit from overheating.

There are a couple of recommended solutions.

What are those?

Per the manufacturer;

1. Install some form of shade over the unit like an awning to shield it from direct sunlight and the weather elements

2​. Clean the condenser coils regularly to maintain proper airflow

I see, would cleaning the condenser coil require specialized equipment?
Or can you at least direct me to a proper online guide/link that you know is reliable.

3​. Instead of shutting the air conditioner completely off when away from the home, raise the temperature to a higher setting. This will allow the air conditioner to maintain better cooling and humidity control, while reducing the strain on the unit when the temperature is turned back down for more cooling.

n​o special equipment, however the aluminum fins are delicate and sharp. They are also close together making cleaning inside of them a challenge.

t​he unit most likely would need to be removed from its protective house to better access the coil. These units are heavy and awkward.

Since I live in apartment, the manager took care of #1. #3 is just best practices.
Suppose I did #2, what to do after I clean the coils?
Should I push certain buttons or anything to tell the AC unit I cleaned it up?

y​ou might consider a local A/C company to perform this service for a reasonable fee. They have the tools and knowledge to clean the unit right.

I​f that was the cause of the error code, it should self correct if everything is working properly.

As a qualified expert, I am only able to offer you some basic and specific advice via this email/text, which may or may not have been sufficient enough to answer your question right now to your satisfaction.

Thank you for allowing me to help answer and possibly resolve your question today, however before you log off I ask that you please take a few seconds and consider selecting the 5-STAR rating located on the rating box which will complete and close out your question.

Please note the rating itself does not agree to or acknowledge complete overall satisfaction, it merely signifies that I have acted in a professional manner and made a reasonable attempt to help answer your question to the best of my ability, based on my experience.

If you have any disputes or feel that this site didn’t perform to your expectations, please contact customer service/support to request a refund.

I hope you found this advice helpful. Should you have additional questions, just let me know.

Thanks again and good luck,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor