HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell thermostat that I can't get set past 68…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell thermostat that I can't get set past 68 degrees. I know convention is 68 in general. However I only have one thermostat for the whole house and my bedroom is 74 degrees. I need to bring the temp down so I can sleep. How do I do this?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat used to go lower than 68. The thermostat is not in the bedroom. The bedroom gets direct sun light all day and get hotter than the rest of the house. I need to go below 68 to cook the room enough to sleep.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of, I just want to turn my temp down.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/5/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. If you can remove thermostat from sub base and look on back and get model number I can help. Just grip the thermostat at top and bottom and pull forward. Russ