HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My daughter has a Honeywell T2060F thermostat and wants to…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a Honeywell T2060F thermostat and wants to install a NEST thermostat. The Honeywell has a "K" terminal wire where the NEST does not. She has a gas furnace and an A/C unit (no heat pump). where does the K wire go on the NEST?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters? Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All the other wires are listed on the NEST thermostat, but the K wire from the Honeywell isn't listed on the NEST. And the power company said the NEST was compatible with the Honeywell thermostat they gave her several years ago.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/5/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

does she currently have a wire on Y or Y1?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the Honeywell thermostat has wires on: RC, W, C and K the only 4 wires.

On the nest she will move the K wire to Y1.

This was a utility company feature for ac limiting. Normally it would be a Y but was labeled K for utliity thermostats.

Now she moves K to y1.....and I assume there is a G terminal wire?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No on the Honeywell, just the 4 wires. On the NEST she has an RC, W1 and W2 (AUX), and Y1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nest also has a C terminal She wants to put the Honeywell C to Nest C. Honeywell K to Nest Y1, Honeywell RC to Nest RC and Honeywell W to Nest W1 - correct?

On the left side of the nest should be a G terminal.

W = furnace

W2 = furnace 2nd stage

Y1 = ac

Rc power input

If fan worked ok previously just move K to Y1

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K goes to NEST Y1
RC goes to NEST RC
C goes to NEST C
W goes to NEST W1
Fan worked on the Honeywell thermostat

That is all correct with the exception being I still see no listing of a G terminal. Are you positive your C is not really a G?