HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My ac condenser developed a leak in the valve that connects…

Customer Question
My ac condenser developed...

My ac condenser developed a leak in the valve that connects to the tank inside the condenser. Is it fixable or do i have to replace the entire system. Is ducane a reliable brand?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I can barely hold a hammer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My unit is 9 yrs old Brand is Air Ease

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS hvac QUALIFIED and he tried to sorder the split in the valve but it did not work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/4/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The valve can be replaced but may prove expensive.Refrigerant will have to e recovered, valve sweated out and new one welded in vacuum pulled,filter drier installed and recharged.

Ducane is made by Lennox as a non branded unit to sell to dealers who are not "Lennox" dealers. They are reliable but a lot less expensive than a true Lennox.

Airease is also a Lennox produce, just sold under a different name

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician