HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Evolution Control thermostat, SYSTXBBUID01. It is…

Customer Question
I have a Bryant Evolution...
I have a Bryant Evolution Control thermostat, SYSTXBBUID01. It is surface-mounted (not recess-mounted) to wood paneling which we are replacing with drywall. I need to simply remove it and re-attach it to the new wall. The manual says: "Gently remove Evolution Control by rocking up/down until interlocking tabs release." This does nothing, and there is no clear way to safely pry it off. Can you provided detailed steps to accomplish this? Thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Thanks for your answer, but the image you supplied does not appear to be the model I have. You can find the manual here:
http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/Public/00/IIUID01-0-1.pdf
Also, as you can see from the attached photos, there are no slots into which I could insert a screwdriver as is suggested in the image and instructions you provided.
If I could get to the tabs (through a slot, for instance), I could easily squeeze them and release the cover -- but there is no access to them at all. I have tried squeezing the cover itself, at exactly the points where you have placed arrows, but it is quite rigid and there is no movement. I have used the full strength of my hands and have also carefully tried inserting a very narrow-bladed screwdriver, but nothing is giving way.
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Try looking at this link showing where the lock tabs are. Based on the photo it is the separation point near the back. If you count the lines you can get a better idea where to insert the screwdriver and pry towards you. Once you get it started you might use either another screwdriver or a butter knife to help get it from closing on you until you get it opened all around.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Dave

The link you sent me is the same link I sent in my initial response. I have read the manual. I have pushed, pulled, rocked, pried, inserted objects, slid up and down, and it seems very resistant to every effort. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a youtube video or any other advice from an individual who has actually taken one of these things off the wall.