Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Payne Condeser that's leaking. I've been told that

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Payne Condeser that's leaking. I've been told that the water pan has overflowed. I never received a book with the new unit I bought last year. I need to confirm where the filter goes and where the water pan is located. Here's the condensor info: Model PA15NCO36000AAAA Seriel: 1916x68176
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: The thermostat is off by about 2 degrees so we don't go below 74 degrees. As for the filter, it is in this area at the bottom of the condensor and is wet. I think the tech I had may have told me the wrong place to put the filter. It seems like that may be the drip pan but I don't know?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have an HVAC tech coming this afternoon but I'm out of town so I'm having to deal with this remotely! The water overflow is causing flooding in my utility closet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can you please look up my condenser and tell me where the filter goes and where the drip pan is located. Also, what size filter I need as this one is wet.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 months ago.

There is no filter or pan in the condenser.Look on air handler inside and give me model so I can provide accurate info.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model: PA15NCO36000AAAA, Seriel: 1916X68176

PA15 is an outdoor unit.The drain pan and filter will be in air handler inside of home