Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Ruud thermostat (-HCTST411MDMS) That seems to be

Customer Question

I have Ruud thermostat (-HCTST411MDMS) That seems to be going bad. I am using the AC now and it loses the current house temp. Then the reading will either go blank or read at temp like 10 or 11 degrees. I put in new batteries and did the reset several times. It will run until it reaches the set temp and the ac shuts down, as normal. then the the current temp goes blank or to 10 deg.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I BELIEVE IT'S THE THERMOSTAT
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE UNIT IS BAD OR SOME OTHER PROBLEM
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The system is Approx 6 years old and was professionally installed
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sorry about the AI intake bot. Sometimes it's not too intelligent. Based on your description I'd replace the thermostat.