HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Air conditioner cool light is flashing and we don't have…

Customer Question
Bryant air conditioner cool...

Bryant air conditioner cool light is flashing and we don't have cool air coming out.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Where are the filters? Settings are fine. I already email you and have paid $5.00 and the window went away.

Contractor's Assistant: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?

I just did -- cool air is not coming out and that light is flashing on the thermostat screen.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I paid $5 already and no one responded.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/3/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 11 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Ok

Have you changed the batteries in the thermostat and if so does the FAN come on when you set the thermostat to FAN ON?

I asked my renters to change the batteries and they havent yet. The fan didn't come on.

Ok if the fan did not come on there is a good chance just the batteries are the issue. If the fan does not come on and ac that means the thermostat is not sending the signal. It can be on and look like it is working, but with low batteries it will not work. Have them change those and if it still gives you an issue get back to me.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Ok great!

No problem!