HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Venstar T1700 thermostat screen is blank, I checked the

Customer Question
circuit breakers and they are...
My Venstar T1700 thermostat screen is blank, I checked the circuit breakers and they are fine. Could the circuit board be shot
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I have two units and two thermostats, only this one is not working
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: fi i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello click here for the manual please

Gently pry the thermostat from its wall mounted sub base, and use a multi meter to measure voltage between R and C terminals

If you get 24vac, the thermostat is bad and needs to be replaced

----------------

If you do not get 24vac check the 3 amp fuse pressed into to the printed circuit board mounted on the furnace/air handler blower

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime soto speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer