HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

New trane 3.5 heat pump having hard time with expansion

Customer Question
New trane 3.5 heat...

New trane 3.5 heat pump having hard time with expansion valve opening low pressure is 127 high is 226

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Everything ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Our company switched to trane 5 yrs ago never ran into this problem attic is about 120 -140 during the middle of day

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If this is an R410 system both pressures are low.May need refrigerant

What do you recommend or could the system be flooded line length is 38 ft with a 12 ft lift 3/4 by 3/8

Have you weighed in refrigerant or do you have a reclaim machine to pull charge and weigh?

I arrived to this mess today you recommend reclaim then install the 8lbs 3 oz charge

I would start by making sure charge is right before anything else.Not sure what label says charge is but add .6 oz for each foot over 15

Thanks I never had one that wouldn't open never to old to learn something new

Let me know what happens and you determine

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer