HVAC

Connect one-on-one with a verified hvac technician who will answer your question

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

More related answers
All hvac technicians are VERIFIED
I have a GE airconditioner Model AGQ24DHM1 Seriel# GH002609
MrFreeze
MrFreeze, hvac technician
I have a GE airconditioner Model AGQ24DHM1 Seriel# ***** MFG 04/05 Temp is set for 73 degrees.. it keeps going up to 77 degrees. what is the problem… read more
I recently purchased a wall sleeve unit FFTA0833U1. My
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I recently purchased a wall sleeve unit FFTA0833U1. My problem is it doesn't seem to really cool the room. The first day, the room temperature registered 83 degrees. I figured this might be because th… read more
Model 8800 thermostat (I have 5 / problem with only 1): a)
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Model 8800 thermostat (I have 5 / problem with only 1): a) my ability to select "Auto" mode (for heating/cooling - not the fan) has "disappeared". b) the "Inside" temp reading on the thermostat seems … read more
I have an older model air conditioner and I 't have a
Gaztech
Gaztech, Technician
I have an older model air conditioner and I don't have a remote. how do I change the setting from fan to cool? I think it is a 2012 model and 5,000 btu… read more
Forgive me as I don't know much about HVAC systems. I have
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman Service Technician
Hi. Forgive me as I don't know much about HVAC systems. I have a Honeywell TotalZone 4. We are running three thermostats. The basement thermostat is set to off as the temps are consistently moderate d… read more
g.e. heat pump a/c about 5 years tried to use the heat
Douglas
Douglas, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
g.e. heat pump a/c about 5 years tried to use the heat yesterday ; it came on but the fan did not run ; put the fan in the on position and it runs and heats ;… read more
Considering buying 2 Frigidaire FRA08PZU1 8,000 btu/3500 btu
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Considering buying 2 Frigidaire FRA08PZU1 8,000 btu/3500 btu heat window units for ~400 sq. ft. condo. in New Orleans(one each in bedroom & liv. room). Re: the heat strip, while in heat mode would it … read more
Hi, I just inherited a small haier window unit A/C. It works
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hi, I just inherited a small haier window unit A/C. It works wonderfully, however, it does not have a remote control and I can only turn it on and it is on the high setting. The other night it dropped… read more
i want a new remote control/for my hitachi /where will i be
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Service manager and owner
i want a new remote control/for my hitachi /where will i be able to buy one from/ that is the question. i dont seem able to get anywhere from hitachi… read more
Hi! I have a Hitachi wall mounted air conditioner - not sure
Charles
Charles, State Licensed HVAC Contractor
Hi! I have a Hitachi wall mounted air conditioner - not sure of model #. I have had it for 3-4 years. I cannot find my instruction manual, so have not been able to troubleshoot the problem on my own. … read more
I have a Goodman model CPLT36-1 that just keeps running. Everything
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I have a Goodman model CPLT36-1 that just keeps running. Everything seems to be working but the evaporator coils keep freezing up after about 20 minutes of run time. I cleaned the coils yesterday no c… read more
I have a wall mounted cool & heat unit, that was professionally
BARRY
BARRY, owner
I have a wall mounted cool & heat unit, that was professionally installed. I have put new batteries in the remote, and I cannot get it to heat, and cannot change the temperature setting. It is stuck o… read more
Re Model 58PHA/PHX System off during the night. Turned
Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Re: Model 58PHA/PHX System off during the night. Turned on at 6:00 am, thermostat set to 68 degrees. It takes 4 hours to reach 68 from an original house temp of 60 degrees. Is it normal for the system… read more
Hi! I cant reset my Ocean Air a/c from fen to a/c function.
John Kelley
John Kelley, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Hi! I can't reset my Ocean Air a/c from fen to a/c function. I turned a/c off,then pushed reset button(back side) ,then turned on again and tried to set up the T set but nothing happened.The window sh… read more
My 8000 BTU Haier window air conditioner is running but there
Mark Henley
Mark Henley, HVAC Controls DDC
My 8000 BTU Haier window air conditioner is running but there are no lights on the front and it is not cooling. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in. Using the remote- nothing is working… read more
My daughter has a small house in Connecticut with window units
Mark Henley
Mark Henley, HVAC Controls DDC
My daughter has a small house in Connecticut with window units in the bedrooms (upstairs). The problem is that her kitchen is the hottest room in the house. It has only one window, over the sink, and … read more
I have I Frigidaire Window/Wall Mount AC/Heat Unit that I purchased
Jim Eastwood
Jim Eastwood, Lead service
I have I Frigidaire Window/Wall Mount AC/Heat Unit that I purchased from Lowes about 1.5 years ago. The Unit has a Thermostat on it and has recently started having problems with the Thermostat I think… read more
The air coming from my mini Samsung air-conditioner isnt cold.
Francis
Francis, shop owner
The air coming from my mini Samsung air-conditioner isn't cold. Is there some sort of reset or procedure to get it working?… read more