HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an older model haier a/c fits in window- cant find…

Customer Question
Hi , i have...

Hi , i have an older model haier a/c fits in window- cant find remote is there a couple of buttons to push for resetting to cool on this consel- it is set on fan at moment at 85 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We have had this sitting in garagrage for 5 years. and it is so hot .thought i would try to rig it up

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully. i can rig it up but just have to change the settings. one time and then turn on and off which is working

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model-HWRO5XC7

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/2/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is the control panel digital r do you have a knob?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
digital, i cleaned the filter and looked for switches or other buttons- and can't see anything yet

You will have to have he remote unless you can go inside unit and bypass thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks, ***** ***** try to tinker. could i go thru front or back

Sorry reply about switch was for someone else. If you can jump thermostat that should make it come on.

Youu should be able to access through front

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks- i have opened up front on the right side under control panel is a small black box ( 1 inch long with only 2-3 holes in it).. the rest of the front has the coils. could i start experimenting by poking in the holes- do you recommend i keep the power off)- i releive you of responsibility

POwer definitely needs to be off. If you can send some pics I will try to guide you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried to send pics a couple times --we'll see. maybe swear again tonight.still apprec your imput

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://tinypic.com/r/2mi524k/9

Link not opening.Is that the url for emai?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://tinypic.com/r/2mi524k/9
it says ulr for email from tiny pics
i am trying also to copy and paste from my photos- is there another place i can send it

You can use the paper clip icon if you have it