HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a lennox thermostat model L5732U as well as a Lennox…

Customer Question
I have a lennox thermostat...
I have a lennox thermostat model L5732U as well as a Lennox furnace and AC. I can't get the AC to come on as it shows wait on the display. I did get the heat to work. I have removed the thermostat and batteries for about 5 minutes to try to reset but it still shows wait when in AC mode.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Does the WAIT continue longer than 5 minutes?

If so lets check your system settings.Do you know ho to enter System Setup Menu?

The thermostat provides built−in compressor protection (minimum−off timer) that prevents the compressor from restarting too early after a shutdown. The minimum−off timer is activated after the compressor shuts off. If there is a demand for compressor operation during the delay, the thermostat displays the WAIT message. When the minimum−off delay expires, COOL ON ( or HEAT ON in heat pump applications) is displayed solidly on the screen and the compressor and fan are allowed to operate to meet the demand

It is now off wait and is showing cool on. Schedule has cool set at 24 and current temp is 28celcius. Set to start at 3:15 pm and the system clock reads 6:38pm

OK so now that the WAIT is gone, does fan and compressor still not come on?

Fan and compressor still not on

OK do you have a multi meter for troubleshooting?

What is that. I don't think I do

A tool for checking voltage,WE can't 'see" electricity so we use the multimeter to test voltage at various places to see why not coming on.

No don't have that.
Which drain. By my furnace. I don't have a switch on any drain. I have a back flow cap on my furnace drain if that is what u r referring to.

Did you click link and see picture?

Ok yes see that on the furnace

LIft the float out od the drain and see if that will allow unit to come on.May be stopped up, breaking circuit

Put a towel under and remove blackcap and see it drains and allows unit to come on

Did that then went to heat and back to cool. It is on wait again. Cap is still off. Just small drops of water exiting.
Shows cool on now but AC still not on. Btw I did check the breaker and it is fine.
Should I be calling in a tech at this point.

Probably since you do not have a meter that will be cheaper than buying one.

You still there?

I have to go on a call but will be back shortly. You should be able to remove the panel where display is to get tot thermostat

Sorry but since I was not able to get a solution last evening I am now at work and have made other arrangements for repair while I am at work. Please confirm what I am being charged in this instance sinc e there was no resolution to my problem.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician