HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Not sure what to ask. have a, i believe to be a diaphram…

Customer Question
Not sure what to...

Not sure what to ask. have a , i believe to be a diaphram valve runs on 34-35 v to control air volume going into a nayadic air septic tank system. about the size of a donut. haha.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

No thermostat in system i am aware of, filter was filthy. and i'm not sure but what the nayadic air pump is the problem. or it could be both.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, the co. here has a monopoly on nayadic septic tanks and no one else can touch. past experience is they will just replace whole system , electric motor 1/4 hp , the nayadic pump , control box and this controller. no repair., replace all. and very expensive. elec motor is fine , but will be replaced if i call them and says system not moving air into septic tank. they call them aerobic tanks. not really any better just a newer technology over a plain old septic tank.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When system operating one can hear the invensis uhm putt putting at a fast rate. so sounds like a diaphram .

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I am a mechanical engineer with *some experience with waste treatment and septic tanks, but absolutely no experience at all with Nayadic tanks. None.

However my half century career has been spent sorting these sorts of things out, and I am willing to help you through to a solution if you rate my help in getting you a parts source positively, see link below.

Lacking that, there is a chance that one of our other experts here has experience with that system. and that if I opt out, that other expert might be able to help you better than I.

If you choose to continue with me I will begin by locating a parts source, coach you in testing, and replacing the defective part yourself

click here please

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have engineering also. was just trying to locate the part , if i needed it. so thanks for response, but no-thanks for the justanswer service. cancel please. will get back if i need help. have used before.

I will opt out, so that you might get lucky and find a plumber here that can be more helpful