HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My condenser fan needs a push to start, For about a week.

Customer Question
My condenser fan needs...

My condenser fan needs a push to start

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about a week. The unit blows the circuit breaker after a few mibutes

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The indoor filter is ok and so is the tg

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I can. I've tried changing the cap and it didn't hrkp

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/2/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

1.Are you getting 230v to the fan motor when it will not start?

2.Does compressor start ok?

3.Did you test the cap (New does not always mean good)

I don't know the voltage and I didn't check the cap. The compressor starts after the fan is pushed but blows the circuit after a few minutes
How do i test the cap?