Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a nordyne electric furnace model no. E3E040301491

Customer Question

i have a nordyne electric furnace model no. E3E040301491 which is 12 yrs old. what is the replacement model for a new unit. i only have 20" width for it to fit. the a.c unit is a 3 1/2 ton system
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: yes since i have to replacce the condensing unit. i should change the evap coil, which show a bunch of rust and i don't know how long the heater elenent will last
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i live in a double wide mobile home and the current system is 12 years old. if i have to replace the condensing unit i might as well do the furnace also
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Greetings, none of that should be a problem, both Coleman and Nordyne make those types of systems for mobile homes... they have special blowers in them that put out more air pressure than the usual furnace.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city I can look up a well rated outfit or two that can quote prices on the job,