Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My honeywell thermostat screen is blank so the AC doesn't

Customer Question

my honeywell thermostat screen is blank so the AC doesn't work. How can I reset the thermostat? I've changed the batteries and checked the breakers...nothing works and it's hot!
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think (hope) it's the thermostat. I just had my AC serviced this pring so it would be ready for summer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, a blank screen is not a problem corrected by 'resetting' the thermostat, either a 3 amp fuse is blown on the printed circuit board, or the thermostat is bad, or there is some other problem inside the furnace that is causing the problem that must be repaired

You will need a multi meter to measure voltages with in order to go further,