HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I've just purchased a RTH9585 thermostat. A major reason…

Customer Question
I've just purchased a RTH9585...
I've just purchased a RTH9585 thermostat. A major reason that I purchased this model is for the outdoor temperature display. Now I find that WiFi is the source for this display. I have WiFi provided by my modem, but the only use I make of this WiFi capability is for my printer.I'm not at all familiar with WiFi or WiFi networks. Do I just have a single network? I've certainly not established any networks. I don't have any passwords. Can I connect the thermostat to my WiFi?My existing thermostat uses a thermocouple to provide the outdoor temperature, and of course, has terminals for the thermocouple in the thermostat. This provides the outdoor temperature AT MY HOME. What is the source of the temperature displayed via WiFi, the local weather service?Does Honeywell make a programmable thermostat that uses an outdoor thermocouple? If so, What is the model number.Chuck Livengood***@******.***
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/1/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 11 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Do you see how to connect to your network?

No

Let me see if another expert can help.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Yes Honeywell makes the VisionPro 8000 series that has the S1 and S2 terminals for the outdoor sensor.

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-TH8321WF1001-Wi-Fi-VisionPRO-8000-Programmable-3H-2C-Touchscreen-Thermostat?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Yf2xZu71QIVkDuBCh1iBwQ0EAQYAiABEgL8nPD_BwE

The thermostat you currently have uses data from local weather just your cell phone does rather than actual temp at your home.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.