BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Installing nest thermostat. need to run c wire to honeywell

Customer Question

installing nest thermostat. need to run c wire to honeywell cuircuit board. easy as hooking up to "c" on board? what if another wire is there already?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: theremostat only. my old one works fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: took the nest off, (short cycling) and reinstalled the old thermo and the system works fine. Nest tech support did several tests and determined I need a c wire
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 months ago.

hello,

My name is Billy.

If you have ac...you already have a wire on C. But thats ok. C is like a neutral bar in a electrical panel...it can have all the neutrals to one common bar.

You can put as many wires as needed on C (as long as they physically fit.)

did you need more information? I see the question is still open