HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Installing nest thermostat. need to run c wire to honeywell…

Customer Question
Installing nest thermostat. need...

Installing nest thermostat. need to run c wire to honeywell cuircuit board. easy as hooking up to "c" on board? what if another wire is there already?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Theremostat only. my old one works fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Took the nest off, (short cycling) and reinstalled the old thermo and the system works fine. Nest tech support did several tests and determined I need a c wire

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 11 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

My name is Billy.

If you have ac...you already have a wire on C. But thats ok. C is like a neutral bar in a electrical panel...it can have all the neutrals to one common bar.

You can put as many wires as needed on C (as long as they physically fit.)

did you need more information? I see the question is still open