HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My HVAC will start and run fine for 45-hour and then the fan…

Customer Question
My HVAC will start...

My HVAC will start and run fine for 45-hour and then the fan in the outside HVAC cuts off

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No but I have it checked and no one can figure out what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

One said the fan may need to replaced but the other said the fan was fine and it most likely an electrical problem No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that once the fan stops the air no longer cools but you prob knew tht ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
8/1/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

First step is to troubleshoot to see if we are losing power to the fan when it quits.If we have power going to motor but t does not run, you have a bad motor that is getting hot and stopping.If motor is cool and we are losing power we need to troubleshoot to see where we lose the power.