HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a fedders a6y12f2b-j tat\hat I found on the sidw of…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a fedders a6y12f2b-j tat\hat I found on the sidw of the road. I brought it home and plugged it in and it shows an EE on the display and doesn't do anything

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm quite handy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont have it mounted in a window, just sitting on the porch

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
7/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

ERROR CODE EE means a temperature sensor failior, means control board can not read what room temperature it is to know if it should start or not.

A new sensor has to be installed to get it going, it is located on the coil, should be visible when you pull the filter out.

Find a local Fedder dealer and get new part from them.

If you dont feel that you can perform this type of job, bring unit to them to get it fixed