HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our thermostat is blank and our unit is not cutting on, Not…

Customer Question
Our thermostat is blank...

Our thermostat is blank and our unit is not cutting on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Not sure it was working fine until today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to see if something simple like a reset or something if not I was going to make a call. Our house was built in 2013 the unit is 4 and a half years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked the breaker and all is good. I switched the A/C switch of then on. I looked in the attic the lights were in the there was a button that said purge overflow that I pushed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
I pressed the purge override button in the attic and a/c came back on.
7/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings. that is good work on your end so far, Is the system in heating or cooling mode where you are in the world?

we can go from there

I pressed the purge override button in the attic and the system came on about 10 mins later. It is cooling fine, now and the thermostats are no longer blank. I am in Charlotte, NC.

That button is normally to reset the heating mode, not the cooling mode.... its a bit strange, lets keep an eye on it...I will hold the question open to you for any follow up that you might need.

Be sure that the air filter is kept clean.

Ok Thanks

.