HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a new Carrier installation, last September. We've…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new Carrier installation, last September. We've just been told the coil is installed facing the wrong direction and must be turned around. Our contractor is making the change. My question is how does this effect my warranty and has it damaged the coil having the airflow going the wrong direction? It's been throwing water out into my overflow pan. Thanks!

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since last September. Water is dripping constantly in front of my window.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not the firm that installed the unit is coming tomorrow to turn the coil around.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. That's it. I am concerned about the life of the coil and the warranty at this point.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, no damage to the coil was done by installing it backwards, any damage was due to water leaks, for example if the dripping water kept the window sill wet, there easily could be mold and dry rot damage, but ONLY if the water got the the wood wet at any location since last sept.

This should not affect your warranty

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.....rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All onthe same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door andI will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo tome.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.