HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Nordyne Furnace Model GL1RA 090C-16B that the fan…

Customer Question
I have a Nordyne...

I have a Nordyne Furnace Model GL1RA 090C-16B that the fan keeps running when in AC mode

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

And replace computer board

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced thermostat and control board

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Red Light flashes only when in cooling mode. When the Thermostat clicks off it will stop for a second and click right back on. The compressor for the AC turns off. Fan on furnace just keeps running. Removed all wires from thermostat and fan keeps running.
The red light means limit circuit open or external load on w any ideas what this is?
7/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, if the high temperature limit switch inside the furnace trips, the main blower will keep running in order cool the furnace off... I think that is happening here

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.....rate my simple answer so far positively..and Iwill deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo tome.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.