HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a two year old Lennox HVAC system with a two stage…

Customer Question
We have a two...

We have a two year old Lennox HVAC system with a two stage air conditioner. The A/C unit is very noisy. Compared to a Trane, our 12 year old Carrier at our other house etc. the compressor is many times louder. Can this be changed and if not, will another brand work with our furnace. Acts a 3-4 zone model.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

What does that answer have to do with compressor noise outside; our neighbor is complaining it is so loud.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, but why are you avoiding the noise question?

Contractor's Assistant: I hope not.

So, what is the answer?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi I'm Brian and I'll be happy to help with this issue!

Sorry for our assistant, I am the tech that will answer your question and address your concerns. So I can get on the same page with you, could you please send me the model number of your outdoor unit? That will help me understand and answer better.

Thanks,

Brian