HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 1F90-371 thermostat and it was beeping this morning…

Customer Question
I have a 1F90-371...

I have a 1F90-371 thermostat and it was beeping this morning and noticed it wasnt working--so I replaced batteries but still nothing. Can these actually go bad and need to be replaced? Can I buy from a store locally or need to order online

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It did look like a battery inside had possibly corroded and may be issue but I do not know if its a larger hvac issue to be honest

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well if its just replacing the new one prob could do but thats as far as i could do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it was a larger hvac issue wouldnt i still be able to change temps up/down etc on thermostat? i mean it would change anything on screen

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
7/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes the thermostat can fail and a corroded battery is a likely culprit. Tell me what terminals (letters) are connected and I'll give you a link to a suitable replacement