HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My air conditioner is not blowing any air through the vents.

Customer Question
My air conditioner is...

My air conditioner is not blowing any air through the vents

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes. I changed the air filter. The thermostat reads that it is 84 in the apt and it is set to 70

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am trying to if I can. I live in an apartment and they will only come after hours if it is 88 or higher outside.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I reset the breaker as well. The output fan is working as well. I checked that

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Do you have access to the indoor blower furnace to look at something for me? Or to take and post a pic?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do

I would like to see what condition the 2 freon pipes are in where they enter the blower unit.

To see if any frost or ice present

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no frost or ice present.

if you feel the 2 pipes (one has black rubber) are they warm, cool, wet, dry etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both of them are warm near the top of the furnace. There are three at the bottom of the furnace which are cool

can you post a pic so I can circle the ones I need?

the pipes that are warm show the refrigerant is not circulating. This means no cooling....but you also said you had no air out of registers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is correct. None of the vents in the apartment are pushing out any air. The large on is sucking in air, which I know it is supposed to do.So the pipes at the top of the furnace are not working properly?

this means the ac coil is frozen over or is dirty . Can you check the ac coil?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is that located?

That is where the top 2 pipes enter...they feed the ac coil.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not look like either of those things are occuring

the blower is running right...it is sucking in the filter area? But not blowing out the register...what else is in between the the 2?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The is correct. The vent blower is sucking in the filer area. But nothing is blowing out of the vents in the rooms.

The only thing between sucking air in and blowing air out is the ac coil where those pipes enter.

I am going to see if I am missing something and opt to another expert.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be low on freon?