Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Trying to light pilot on my Rheem water heater. Doing some

Customer Question

Trying to light pilot on my Rheem water heater. Doing some remodeling so added a gas line to new stove. Ran pressure test (passed). Now wanting to get water heater pilot lit. Following all the steps. Opened gas valve. Placed temp dial on lowest setting. Turned control dial to Pilot and pushed red button down. Tried to light pilot. No luck. Seems maybe no gas getting through to the pilot.
JA: Just to clarify, are you working with a contractor?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Contractor did the work. Their person tried first, could not get it lit. That was Friday. I was trying this morning, wanting some hot water.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, don't think so. I provided all the background details. Shouldn't be hard to light a pilot. Just wondering if there is something I can do in addition to the normal procedure to get it lit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Did your plumber vent the air out of the gas line at the water heater?