HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have had my version pro IAQ for 8 years with no problems…

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my version pro IAQ for 8 years with no problems but now when I set the temp permanently at 75 to cools to 72 but if it is a really warm day it will cool to the 75 and keep it there????

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1 week..

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
7/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, if you have not cleaned the outside units condenser coil in 8 years, it is badly clogged with dirt deep between the fins where you cannot see it.

click here, you can buy the best coil cleaning kit at Home Depot

A dirty condenser coil will cause this exact problem

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.....rate my simple answer so far positively..and Iwill deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door andI will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.