HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The fan on the out side unit not turning ,air is not

Customer Question
The fan on the...

The fan on the out side unit not turning ,air is not circulation unit is not to

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat cool air on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i know what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fan is not turning put two fuses did notwork

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/29/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Turn unit to cool and go outside and listen to see if compressor and fan try to start. Feel top of motor to see if it is hot. If they do not go inside and check the float switch on the inside unit. It is located in the drain line from unit. It will have 2 wires coming from it. Just pull off top and see if water is in switch. Russ