Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Nor norlake walk-in cooler / freezer and the

Customer Question

Hello! I have a Nor norlake walk-in cooler / freezer and the freezer is currently reading 22 deg. And doesn't seem to be kicking on to cool down It's usually at or below zero
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Looking now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on how involved it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It seems to do this every couple months or so.....almost like it goes into defrost and we have to call someone out and they're here for 5 minutes and it's on again
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

My guess is that possibly you are low on freon and you system uses a pressure switch to activate the compressor to run. Once the system looses gas, the suction pressure changes and the system stays off or turns off soon after it starts up

You will need to have a refrigerant gauge set and attach it to the system to check the suction pressure on it. I would need to know what type of freon gas your walk-in is using.

Do you have any idea of what the tech is doing to the system when you call him out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No idea. .........he s usually only there 5 or 10 minutes