Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Do you still have my question on file email address. Just

Customer Question

Do you still have my question on file email address***@******.***
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it looks like we got our wires crossed here

I am an actual live HVAC technician, if you can give me the brand and model number of the equipment involved, tell me where it is located in the home, and about how old it is, we can go from there

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello I'm a service contractor and I have a customer who has a Lennox ductless mini-split the inside model number is ***** the outside unit model number is ***** the problem is the condenser fan does not come on when you turn the unit on in the inside the fan comes on and then in a few seconds later the condensing unit comes on the compressor turns on but the condenser fan does not come on the unit is 115 volts I get power at N1& 2 I get 115 at XT2 to ground and both terminals at the capacitor
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

check for 120 v to the condenser fan motor, it you have it there then the fan motor is bad, or its run capacitor is bad.

If you do not have power to the two wires that feed the condendser fan motor when the compressor is running then the problem is with the printed circuit board that has the condenser fan relay on it.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files ' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.