HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have model no.em24m34-A my unit has heating+cooling my

Customer Question
question is when I turn...
I have model no.em24m34-A my unit has heating+cooling my question is when I turn unit on when I push system the cooling symbol does not appear the heat symbol appears also does the fan symbol the compressor seems to be working along with the fan motor I also cleaned the condenser and evaporator I did notice some ice on the bottom of the evaporator the unit will not blow cold air or heat any advice would be greatly appreciated I can be reached at piwniczka Kurt @gmail.com thank you
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes I cleaned the filter checked thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit was on heat and cool mode together on the control panel would that cause a difference with unit functioning thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
7/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Greetings, the ice at the bottom of the cooling coil will keep the unit from starting in cooling mode, there is a defrost sensor there that keeps the cooling function off until the ice is melted.

I need a brand name to go with that model number also, and the approximate age of the unit

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.....rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add file ' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer