Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Do you know how the reset the error code on a luxaire

Customer Question

Do you know how the reset the error code on a luxaire acclimate
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: We have 9 Binks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We don't know how old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's either a 9.5 or 9.s series
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, no error code anywhere on any device, machine or thermostat is actually 'resettable'... the error code is meant to alert you to a problem, such as a dirty air filter or low on refrigerant or whatever... then the problem is fixed, for instance the air filter changed, or the refrigerant leak fixed etc... then the unit will reset itself.

Exceptions are only apparent exceptions, such as the high temperature reset buttons on furnaces etc .... just pressing the reset might get them working again, for a short while, but if the problem is not fixed there will be ongoing issues.

Give me the full model number of the Luxaire acclimate so that I can pull the manual on it hopefully, we can go from there.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied...If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair, and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments.

.

that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.. ...rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak..

.

If you can agree to that, rate now, lets continue by all means.