HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I am having a problem with my carrier furnace. The fan motor

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my carrier furnace. The fan motor is stuck on.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on what I find here.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The heater works, the AC works, the fan works.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

If you get to the thermostat remove the Green wire from the thermostat and see if the fan stays on, let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still runs with Green wire removed. Runs with thermostat removed as well. Only the breaker turns the fan off, or the switch on the front cover.

OK the relay is stuck on the board then, you will need a new control board then. Replace that and you should be good to go. If it is an older model you could have a bad fan switch, but that would only be on a pretty old unit.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thanks. Any last recommendation on best way to get the correct parts (distributor).

Call this company with the complete model and serial number to get the correct part.

(###) ###-####/p>