Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Its more of a I.A.Q question. In regards to asbestos. have 2

Customer Question

its more of a I.A.Q question. In regards ***** *****
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: have 2 apartment buildings. 1 building has PTAC units and no Asbestos. The other has the same equipment with Asbestos.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Building with asbestos has a fire in it. particles of asbestos has been found in 1 of 5 units in the building without asbestos. What is the protocol for cleaning for this
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I am a building consultant and current HVAC provider is not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: only 1 of 5 units have been found to have asbestos. Existing HVAC contractor is stated unit should be replaced. Building owner doesn't believe so, as do I. Is there a protocol for cleaning of this one unit? Or OSHA standards for this type of situation
Category: HVAC
Expert:  David Bowden replied 2 months ago.

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave