Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Blower motor on weathermaker 8000 not turning, replaced

Customer Question

blower motor on weathermaker 8000 not turning, replaced motor, condenser, and control board. Any suggestions on where to go from here
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 10 days, getting warmish
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, IF you are talking about the furnace/air handler and not the outside unit, fit a jumper wire between R and G terminals on the *thermostats* terminal strip on the printed circuit board, if the blower does not run it is most likely that the thermostat is bad (90% chance).

If you will rate MY answer, right here, to your question positively,I will go well beyond the call of duty here with FREE training and coaching in the full range of repair or service options, days if needed, without a time limit.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal. With a rating you will have access to my 56 years experience in this business as a contractor and engineering consultant.

OR... I can opt out, Let me know by rating positively..... or not rating this answer, we can go from there,