Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Does the Frigidiare 18000 BTU window air conditioner have an

Customer Question

Does the Frigidiare 18000 BTU window air conditioner have an internal reset button in addition to the plug reset button? After several electric shut-offs and turn-ons due to storms, our compressor is not coming on due to the sound the compressor makes.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: The make is Frigidiare, the model no. is FRA086AT7 and serial no. is KK01457309.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. since the A/C can be slid out after remove the 4 screws holding the front panel on. I installed the A/C and wired a separate breaker for the unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. I just wanted to know for information service. I was going to replace the unit with a window 25000 BTU, however, I just wnated to make sure I did everything possible before rewiring the circuit from 230V 15 amps to 230V 30 amps. I have the necessary permits for our County.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Greetings. There is no reset button on that unit other than the one on the plug that you mentioned. 15 amp service to the ac will not be sufficient for a 24,000 btu/hr replacement unit you will need a 20 to 30 amp service to the unit depending on which model you buy

If you will rate that answer to your question positively, I will go well beyond the call of duty here with FREE training and coaching in the full range of repair. installation or service options, days if needed, without a time limit.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

With a rating you will have access to my 56 years experience in this business as a contractor and engineering consultant.