Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Ruud Achiever. We had a power outage and now it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. We have a Ruud Achiever. We had a power outage and now it won't turn on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I turned it off at the thermostat then turned the power off at the breaker switch. I turned on the breaker again and waited 30 minutes but whne\I turned it on at the thermostat no dice.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it needs to reset. Am I right? It worked fine before the power outage. We lost power to the whole house for about 2 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was wanting to see if I can turn on and off something and get it to work again. Is that possible?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, power outages often create electrical spikes that damage electronics... this damage is not something that one can simply 'reset' a repair is in order

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city. I will locate a well rated outfit for you in the morning,