Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a mini split Soleus Air. I need a part for it. The

Customer Question

I have a mini split Soleus Air. I need a part for it. The unit will come on, but when it reaches desired temp it will not recycle. If you turn unit off, it will come on and when it reaches desired temp same deal. Can you help me with a part for it.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: It has one filter that I can see. I cleaned the filter. What do you mean "double check thermostats settings.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I have a remote, I set on desired temp. Is that what you mean by thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have someone working on it but can't get it figured out.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so, the freon has been checked. It is fine. Do you think it is the switch.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, the outside unit condenser coil is most likely loaded with dirt deep between the fins where you cannot see it.. that is causing the unit to run hot and trip its high pressure cut out switch.... you are executing what we call a 'soft reset' when you cycle the power to the unit off and on.

First clean the condenser, click here, then let me know how it goes.... if that fails the high pressure cut out switch needs to be replaced... thats complex. That video is similar to yours, you will get the idea, the condenser coil cleaning kit is available at most larger hardware stores.

If you rate that answer positively now.... so that I do not loose my shirt training and coaching you to a solution, I will hold the question open for you on an unlimited time basis!

I guarantee you will have a good time and learn a lot.